0

Mix Tape

Posted by Unknown on 23:11 in , ,
 All We Know Are Thieves
  1. Blur - Country House
  2. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
  3. Jamiroquai - Little L
  4. Green Day - When I Come Around / Holiday
  5. Foxboro Hottubs - Mother Mary
  6. Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
  7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
  8. My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
  9. Paramore - Pressure
  10. Orson - Bright Idea
  11. U2 - Beautiful Day
I have themed my mixtape towards events/days that I remember, such as Holidays and Concerts
  • Blur - Country House
I have liked Blur since I was about 7, I always used to play their albums in our cd player, one of my favourite songs is called Country House. The song was actually released in 1995, I would have been 4 on release of the album, but I started to take interest in music when I was slightly older
  • Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
Along with Blur, Bon Jovi was one of the first bands that I started to listen to, I started to listen to them around the same age as I did blur, I have choosen Bon Jovi as I went to see the band live at Coventry's Ricoh Arena in 2006 and really enjoyed it.
  • JK - Little L
I choose Jamiroquai, for two reasons; I have always liked his songs plus I saw him at Radio 1's One Big Sunday at Leicester in 2001.
  • Green Day - When I Come Around and Holiday
I saw Green Day live at the LG Arena in the NEC, and remember that even weeks prior to going that I was really excited and couldn't wait to go. Green Day are one of my favourite bands. They are really one of the first bands which I really liked and from first hearing their songs on the radio, I have been a fan of them and the same genre of music ever since.
  • Foxboro Hottubs - Mother Mary 
This is a band which is basically an alter ego of Green Day, as it consists of  Billie Joe Armstrong (Lead Vocalist and Guitar of Green Day), Mike Dirnt (Bass with Green Day) and Tre Cool (Drummer with Green Day) but it also includes a close friend of Billie Joe's. I remember hearing it for the first time whilst being on holiday in the Isle of Wight and saying to Alex, that the lead singer sounded like Billie Joe Armstrong.
  • Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench 
Although this isn't my favourite Foo Fighter's song, I remember watching them live, and singing along but watching in amazement that when Dave Grohl sings ( the lyrics below) he didn't take a breath until the end of the section. Even though the Foo Fighters were one of the bands I liked at the time they were never my favourite, but after seeing them at the NEC, they were soon drawing favourite with Green Day and Red Chili Peppers.
"One last thing before I quit
I never wanted any more than I could fit
Into my head I still remember every single word
You said and all the shit that somehow came along with it
Still there's one thing that comforts me since I was
Always caged and now I'm free"
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop (iTunes protected file so I can't put on my mixtape, so I replaced it with Hump De Bump, which is one of my favourite songs by RHCP)
In 2003 I went on holiday to New Zealand, as we were considering moving there, and whilst on holiday I played my Red Hot Chili Peppers CD in the camper van that we hired out, although I listened to this before I went on holiday it reminds me of traveling around New Zealand in a camper van,
  • My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade (replaced by Famous Last Words, as this one is Protected by iTunes)
  • Paramore - Pressure
Until I went to Canada, I hadn't heard of My Chemical Romance or Paramore, even though both had released albums prior to me going on holiday (2006), but the Canadian radio station that we listened to whilst being on holiday played them both extensively. I remember sitting in the back seats of a Dodge Grand Caravan whilst driving from Toronto to Rice Lake in Canada and listening to them.
  • Orson - Bright Idea
I don't really have a reason for Orson but when the band released there album "Bright Idea",  I bought it as I really enjoyed their music.

  •  U2 - Beautiful Day
This is a song that reminds me of when me and my dad used to go to see Sheffield United play football at Bramall Lane. Although I haven't been for a while, the song used to be played every time I went up to see them play, it would play before a match whilst the team would be warming up on the pitch. They would also play the annie song although, which is where Sheffield United got their theme tune from as they just changed the lyrics to apply to life in Sheffield and Sheffield United

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Weather Forecast

Portfolio (test)

Copyright © 2009 Nick's Blog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.